Friday, January 30, 2015

Softly Creeping

Had a peculiar run in today. Hmm... that doesn't mean much coming from me huh?

Well this was different.

And I think it had everything to do with this and this.

To be less cryptic about it... I had a run in with Sloth.

See I was on a little stroll. Our loop has more rooms and halls than it has people who use them so there is plenty of room to just walk out and wander as long as you don't get yourself turned around and lost. Even if I did get lost, I'm a proxy. Give me a door and I'll Path to somewhere familiar... admittedly as a last resort. That is not a fun place. I mean, its not as bad now that Picasso isn't around. I don't know why but she really draws in denizens.

Anyways, I was on a stroll when I heard foot steps behind me. So I stopped. And they stopped... and then moved. When I turned around no one was there.

"... Hello?" I asked, pulling out a knife. Could be a Fire Cultist maybe. Wouldn't put it past them to sneak into the home loop to start shit. Probably camping out in the excess part of the loop. Never know what you'll find out here...

I approached slowly only to flip around to the sound of a loud pop noise behind me. That's when I got tackled and forced into a choke hold from behind. Between the panic and struggling, I didn't realize who it was at first until they spoke.

"Where is he?" Sloth asked, as I gasped for breath. He didn't let go until I was good and winded. At which point I was disarmed. Also tied my hands behind my back because fuck me right?

"Where is he?" Sloth repeated sounding more impatient. Great. Another hallucination.

I just stared Sloth down, not amused and certainly not scared. I can't really imagine any version of Sloth that isn't a spineless pansy. Or I couldn't. He grabbed me by the hair and bashed my head back against the wall. Everything went dizzy and sounded distant for a moment. I could hear him repeat that fucking question.

"Where is he?"

I spit up at him, spinning though he was, as I tried to get my bearings on which way was up.

"I know you can talk. Your vow is no more," he said putting his hand on my jaw and pinching into my cheeks. "Spit it out," he said glaring.

"Where is who?" I asked glaring back.

"Smith," he said with an uncharacteristic hiss. I felt myself go pale. "He never showed me but he actually trusted you," he said pressing my face against the wall and leaning in to whisper in my ear. "You're going to tell me or I'm gonna spend the next few days bashing your head into paste against the wall until you spill."

I was about ready for this hallucination to be over by this point and, while I knew it wouldn't be real, it would still hurt like hell to get my skull bashed in so rather than suffer unnecessary pain I just told him how to find Smith. Whatever right? I mean, I'm not about to share that information here. Fracture would kill me... he might still kill me...

Once I told Sloth he let me go. Patted my on the cheek and said, "Good boy," and then strolled off like the classy asshole he is. And I sat there and waited on my own, hands still tied behind my back, expecting everything to snap back into place and let me know that the hallucination is over... I waited there for a good long while... probably over an hour until I realized I wasn't hallucinating. Things weren't gonna snap back. This was real.

I forced myself carefully to my feet and wandered around the halls for another hour or two until I finally found myself back in the part of the loop we actually use. I kicked open Devil's door.

She seemed amused. "What? No hello first? Not even a knock?" she teased coming over.

"You okay?" she said noting the bruises and the rope. "Looks like someone found themselves a rough partner. Couldn't be bothered to untie you though huh? Rude," she said cutting me free.

"Is this real?" I asked

She kissed me. "Did that feel real?" she asked me in response.

"... Felt dreamy," I joked.

"Here I thought talking would ruin you," she grinned.

And we went on like that for a little bit. I don't care to say much if I can help it though... still feels wrong. So she sat me down and told me to write out what's wrong while she got us some food... I decided to write it out as a blog post. Why not right?

So that's what happened... or didn't happen. Still not entirely sure...

Worried I might have just given Smith up to Sloth. Scared of what he might do with that information...

I mean, if he felt so inclined to force the answers out of me he must have something already in mind... and I don't trust that dip shit with that kind of power at his finger tips. Especially as aggressive as he was acting.

Its all very... concerning.

Moth out.

No comments:

Post a Comment